How is everyone coping on the PBS front? This is a quick how-to for the online PBS database including how to register your students, key in their results and view their reports.
1. This is the main page of the website. Click on “Guru” in the blue section.
2. Your log in ID is your IC number and your password should have been given to you by your PBS coordinator. Click on “Masuk”.
3. Once you have logged in, the system will display your school, name and IC. Here, you need to fill in your phone number. I have been told that this is compulsory or you won’t be able to move on. You also need to change your password.
4. Next, the system will display your school details, together with your log-in ID and your new password. At this point, you can proceed onto the actual functions. Click on “Murid” from the selection on the left and “Daftar Mata Pelajaran” will drop down.
5. Select the class and subject you wish to work on. The classes/subjects that you are in charged of would have been registered by your PBS Coordinator (hence the selection in the drop down should be a limited version rather than all the subjects/classes available in your school). We are actually here to register the students. You will see why in the next step.
6. As you can see, once you have selected a class and a subject, all of the students in that class will be listed. All of the students are also pre-selected or “tick”-ed, as can be seen on the right side of the table. If all of the students in the class is taking the subject, then you can let it be. If certain students are not taking the subject, for example, you teach Pendidikan Moral in a class that has Muslim students, you need to un-”tick” the students that are not involved. This is what “Daftar Mata Pelajaran” is meant to do.
7. Once you are sure that all of the students selected are in fact, taking this particular subject, click on “Daftar” at the bottom of the table. Please be careful and make sure you have got everyone you need and left out those you don’t because I have been told that unlike SAPS, you cannot change the students once you have registered them. Worst case scenario: a student is NOT taking Subject A but was accidentally registered for it, Subject A will show up on that student’s final report with NO results included.
8. As you can see, once the students have been registered, the “tick”s are no longer clickable. To enter their results, click on “Kemasukan Prestasi” on the left and two options will drop down: “Mengikut Murid” and “Mengikut Evidens”. I strongly suggest you choose “Mengikut Evidens” because it is slightly less confusing. As such, I won’t be showing you how to key in data “Mengikut Murid” but feel free to check it out for yourself.
9. Here we have a very important function. Here, you will select the class/subject and which band/descriptor/evidence you would like to key in results for. At the same time, you can select WHEN this piece of evidence was first completed. This is important because you might want to key in data only once every few weeks/months or you could be running behind schedule with the evidences if your school is a bit slow on the upstart at the beginning of the year. Either way, this is very useful but again, non-reversible so be careful.
10. Here, all of the students that you have previously registered for this subject will appear. For those who have completed this particular piece of evidence that you are keying in data for, simply click on the little boxes on the right side of the table to “select” them, so to speak.
11. Once you have selected all the students who have completed this evidence successfully, click on “Simpan”.
12. Again, once the data has been saved, they cannot be altered, as can be seen from the “tick”s that are no longer clickable. To view what you have just keyed in (and to give you a better idea of how important it is to select the month), click on “Laporan” on the left and from the drop down menu, select “Laporan Prestasi Murid”.
13. Select the class/subject you wish to view.
14. Again, all of the students that you have previously registered for this subject will be listed. To view individual reports, click on the icons on the right side of the table.
15. This is what an individual report looks like. As you can see, a student’s progress in a subject is recorded on a monthly basis. This is why it is VERY IMPORTANT to select the month carefully before you key in the results. You do not want to end up with several months with no evidences being achieved nor do you want to have all of the evidences being achieved in the same month. Regardless of when you administered the evidences (or when the students completed them), when you key in the data, you should space it out accordingly so that all of the months have at least one or two evidences each.
And there you have it! A quick review of how to navigate this particular database for those of you who are new to the system.
Have a good day! :)